What are Sulphites?
90% of Wines contain free sulphites (SO2) as do most ciders and juices. Sulphites do naturally occur in all 3. However, it is after the fermentation process that more sulphites are then added to the wine in order to prevent it from going off.
Sulphites are preservatives designed to lock oxygen out of the wine to keep it in pristine condition. For some people the problem begins when they consume sulphites and they have an inability to process them effectively.
The body’s natural defence system combats these preservatives in a variety of ways, one of which is to release histamines and, as in most allergic reactions, it is the histamines that can cause the allergy-like symptoms – not the sulphites themselves.
Preservatives are responsible for many foods being able to be stored for extended periods. Some people however can develop an intolerance to preservatives, as their bodies can no longer process the chemicals. Resulting in ‘allergic-like reaction symptoms’.
What impact do free Sulphites have on my body?
Headaches, Skin Rashes, Restricted Breathing, Nasal Congestions, Sneezing, Mild rashes, Watering eyes, Hot Flushes, Closed Throat, Heart Palpitations, Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Many consumers have these adverse reactions to the preservatives found in wine. Wine Aid allows consumers to enjoy their wine by reducing the preservatives and the reactions that may occur.
Symptoms of sulphite ingestion can vary dramatically from person to person, although the most common is headaches, hot flushes, rashes, sickness and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). More acute symptoms are tightening of the skin, the restriction of breathing and closing of the throat and lungs. People who suffer from asthma are more susceptible to allergic reactions due to preservatives in wine.
There is also evidence that preservatives (sulphites) contribute to hangover type symptoms such as headaches, nausea, lethargy and fatigue.
Wine Aid eliminates preservatives, reduces sulphites in wine, in fast-acting, odourless and tasteless.
Suitable red, white and sparkling wine and does not affect the taste.
Wine Aid food safety regulations
Wine Aid, reduces the free sulphur dioxide and the bound sulphur dioxide by varying amounts depending on the composition of the wine. Wine Aid, may help you enjoy wine again, however please be aware that individual results may vary.
Wine Aid, lowers the sulphite/ preservative level in the wine, the wine is no longer ‘preserved’.
Just 1 Drops
Add Wine Aid to your wine to remove free sulphites and preservatives. Use the dropper bottle to add 1 drops to a glass of wine (or 5 drops to a full bottle) to reduce the preservative content found in wine just prior to drinking. Swirl and wait 30 seconds.
Hydrogen Peroxide, water, Molybdenum.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of contact with eyes wash thoroughly with water.
Keep in cool dry place below 25° away from direct sunlight and heat sources.
Enjoy your wine without the effects of preservatives (Sulphites). Wine Aid reduces the sulphites in wine and therefore prevents allergy symptoms such as headaches, skin rash, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and heart palpitations